Kim Doyal, “The WordPress Chick”, is a leading expert on using WordPress to market businesses online. She teaches, blogs, podcasts and creates with WordPress. A published author, movie producer and artist, her motto is: “WordPress Happiness Made Easy”. Kim develops custom solutions to meet the needs of a variety of entrepreneurs and business models. With her extensive marketing skills, she had helped her clients transform their lives and their businesses, and achieve the income, success and freedom that they truly desire.
Top Quotes from Kim Doyal:
- “I’m all about making WordPress easy for the everyday user.”
- “[Podcasting] is probably one of the best things I’ve done for my business… Within 3 to 4 months, iTunes was one of the top 3 traffic sources to my site.”
- “I was a subscriber to [Pat Flynn’s] website… and as soon as he released his podcast, I’m like ‘This is fabulous’.”
- “[The podcast] just took off and I absolutely adore doing it.”
- Kim tell her kids: “You guys can do whatever you want to do. Do not settle.”
- “The best thing I ever did for my business was own just who I am and how I show up.”
- Kim’s podcast intro (produced by MRC): “No boring code snippets here; just WordPress happiness made easy.”
- “I want to help the everyday user get up and running and make some money with their business.”
- “I truly am a firm believer in starting with a free resource.”
- “Find a free plugin or a free tool that you can test something because if you’re not gonna be doing anything to drive traffic, it doesn’t matter what tool you’re using.”
- “Pat Flynn has been a huge influence on me online.”
- “Every time somebody tells me they simply appreciate what I share or what I’m doing, that totally gets me jazzed.”
- “Create whatever you want… but love what you do.”
- “Treat [online] business like a normal business.”
- “Pay attention to what’s working.”
- “It’s constantly going to be twist, tweak and adjust… but you have to stick with it and just do the work.”
- “Be you! … Seth Godin said ‘be willing to be a category of one’.”
- “What is gonna make you succeed is what makes you uniquely you.”
- The Smart Passive Income Blog
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Blue Yeti Microphone
- Road Arm Filter
- Shock Mount
- Mark Victor Hansen – Speaking Empire
- Lead Page or Squeeze Page – something to generate list building
- Hatchbuck – Email Provider
- Zaxaa – Ecommerce Platform
- FlowVella – Presentation App for Mac
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- 00:41 Guest introduction
- 01:35 Who is the WordPress Chick?
- 02:25 The WordPress Chick Podcast
- 03:58 What got Kim into podcasting?
- 05:54 Podcasting setup
- 08:21 Biggest success story
- 09:52 Learning experiences
- 11:57 Tools and resources Kim can’t work without
- 17:30 Who inspires Kim?
- 25:23 Kim’s advice for beginners
- 29:24 Interesting clients Kim has worked with
- 32:04 Kim’s cartoon voice
- 33:40 Hear more from Kim Doyal
Want to Hear More from The WordPress Chick?
MrNiceGuy1983 says: Amazing!!
One of the absolute best podcasts out there! I’ve learned so much already and am excited to see what else they’ve got in store.
Hope you listened until the end to claim our special offer! Next week, we’re talking to Tony Brown who has a background in DJing, music production and sound engineering, which he uses to run his business and podcast.